Monday, June 14, 2010

I think I'll go for a walk outside now, the summer sun's callin my name


FINALLY! We have hit summer weather! Quite ironic that I am wishing for warmer weather as right now in our lovely Mesa town, all you poor peeps are sweating it out in the 100's. I am not asking for anything crazy, just like 80's so Mc could go without socks and a jacket in June!


This past weekend we headed down with our BFF's the Blackhurts for a little mini-vacation to St. George. We had a great time. Saturday we headed to this crazy red rock formation where you could shimmy all the way up to the top. Seeing as how one member of our party was with child (NOT ME!!!!), one was claustrophobic (also not me), one is a little bustier than others (me on this one) and we had two small kids, we were content looking @ the "hieroglyphics" and taking pictures. We then headed to a place I remember quite fondly as a kid...the good old Fiesta Fun! We didn't think we would have as much fun with a toddler but Mc rode the bumper boats like a champ, "raced" the kiddie karts and played in the bounce house with her friend Kate. Mark and I also got a chance to race the go-karts. We had a tasty lunch @ Brick Oven and then headed to a Dinosaur museum. It was actually pretty interesting- discovered by mistake and full of dinosaur tracks. We had dinner, hit the outlets and played some fiercely competitive Uno. All in all a great trip with great friends.

Today, my cousin Ashlee and I took our kids out for a little trip to the mall to ride the train. Ash and I are only three months apart age wise and most of my childhood memories include her. It is pretty fun that we have kids that are so close in age. She is quite the amazing lady- she has twins and was on time, looked cute, hair done, kids dressed fancy and was ready to go. Love her! It was all of our kid's first ride on the carousel and that was fun. We also took them on the little train that circles the mall and aside from being a tight squeeze for two adults, the kidlets loved it!

It is a beautiful day outside. My screen door is open letting the breeze in, Mc is napping and my basement is almost done being dry walled. Going to be a good week! Here is to summer!

7 comments:

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Sure the slot was cool, but those ancient heiroglyphics were truly amazing! I can't believe there were "Dave"'s back in those times! Thanks for entertaining us all weekend long!

The Mastriana's said...

Dang she is so BIG now I miss you guy's so much.. Love the updates :)
Clee~

Cossebooms said...

I love the title of your post. We love that song, and I used to sing it all the time. Looks like you had a great vacation. Glad you got to get away and have fun!! And you know you are missing the 100 degree weather here. This past weekend has actually been quite nice with the evenings cooling off. You'll remember how much you miss it here when you are facing the snow again. Glad it's warmed up to go outside.

Jess and Jen said...

Oh, I'll have that song stuck in my head all day now! I'm ready to enjoy the sun too...now that I actually have enough energy! We should get together this week. I'll call ya!

Jenn said...

TISH! Good to hear from you girl! I can't believe how big Mckinley is now! She is such a cutie! Looks like you guys are already having a blast with the start of summer! Next time we are in the area I will be giving you a call for sure! Glad to see your doing well! Miss ya!

Mary Ann W. said...

Love the pictures! I want glasses just like McKinley's. It is great to share your good times!

Anonymous said...

I love the sunglasses and the long socks! Are we still up for Saturday, Toy Story 3?