Thursday, June 3, 2010

A to the ngry

BeWaRe. This post isn't going to be fluffy, sugary or even nice. I just needed a quick outlet to vent about today. Yes today. June 3, 2010. First off, today wouldn't have been such a bad day had the scheduled U2 concert actually taken place (mind you, I have had tickets since FEBRUARY!!!). We were slated to have the dry wallers come to start the last major step in completion of the basement. Here it is 4:00 PM and no dry waller. No call. No returning of messages. Nothing.

Thirdly (if you are keeping track of today's tragedies) Rue Mclanahan died. Most of you know I am a rabid "Golden Girls" fan. Sad day. Poor Betty White the last of the girls. Thank you for being a friend, Blanche. And, thank you WETV for 24 hour reruns.

Fourth...just found out that someone stole pieces from my air conditioner on my house in Arizona. The crappiest part about that, we paid to have it charged and tuned prior to leaving and now we get to fork out more money to hand over our house to someone for $100,000 less than we paid for it. Awesome! Seriously, you stole pieces from a 10 year old air conditioner. I hope it was worth it. God Bless Dan Larsen for bailing us out on this one.

Fifth- Mckinley so craftily and sneakily 1) poured bubble solution all over my fabric couch and 2) drew on herself, her microfiber chair and the "Grouchy Lady Bug" book with a gel pen.

Seriously. My hair is frizzy. My legs are iridescent. I need a pedi. Ididn't get in a run this morning. I still have to vaccuum.

Bonus- today is almost over.

12 comments:

Ben and Brittany said...

Yikes that stinks! Hope your day gets better.
...and in response to your comment I would definitely wait until she is older to take her to San Diego. Brooklyn screamed her head off the first day at Sea World and I had the wonderful opportunity to carry her all over the park while screaming. Then she would not sit still for any of the shows. We bribed her with treats the whole time we were there. She liked each show for about...one minute. She did like to look at the animals, just not a big fan of watching them perform. Disneyland would not be that bad though, she would probably like the rides.

Audy & Ash said...

Oh honey I am sorry!!! We are kind of in the same boat over here with people we have hired and not showing up or calling...so I feel your pain! But today is almost over and you can rest and relax (hopefully) and tomorrow is a new day! BTW we still need to get together.... maybe leave the kids at home and go get a pedi?? :) lOve you!

The Youngs said...

I feel your pain. As soon as I saw she died I immediately thought of you. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

PS.. You ever want to do a pedi I am so there. We need to hang out and this is a great way!

Paul or Lindsay said...

I'm going to quote Aunt Mary Ann on this one, "Life sucks and then you die!"

So sorry your day sucked. Tomorrow will be better, it has to be, right? Well, the good news is that the Sampsons don't know when (or if) they are leaving. I've learned not to make plans.

And R.I.P. Blanche. I love the Golden Girls.

Tom and Joanne Asburry said...

I'll give you Rue dying...
It was just Rue-da!
Other than that it could be worse.
Let me name a few...
1. You could have sneezed and farted really loud in public.
2. Yelling at some guy to stop looking at you breast while in public then you notice he walks away with a white stick for the blind!
3. You could have lost you cell phone then put up flyers all over the place saying if you find it call me at ***-****. Then several hours later remember it's you cell number you printed!
Want me to go on?

walkerbunch said...

I'm sorry yesterday was so crappy! I've been bugged about the U2 concert too. -I can't believe someone stole part of your air conditioner. I hope today is better for you.

Mary Ann W. said...

Well...to honor my quote
"Life does suck and then you die...but in between there are a few days that aren't so bad" You just have trouble remembering them when it all falls apart. Why does it seem like "bad stuff" comes in globs? Not just one bad thing, but it comes with friends! Sorry!

Natalie said...

We too are victims of U2's non-concert. Bono's back ailments just make me realize, Man, the guy is getting old. Also, an AC parts thief? That's a new one. People are ridiculously lame sometimes!

Natalie said...

Oh, and "Thank you for being a friend."

Evan and Lindy said...

I completely understand - there are days I want to get back in bed and claim defeat, but then who would feed the babies? I just read Joanie's comment and could not stop laughing - totally pictured her mocking you. Gotta love her. Anyway - I have missed my pedi buddy so we will have to go when I get there. And I immediately thought of you when I heard the news of Blanche - so sad.

Allyson & Jere said...

Hey there. First of all, thanks so much for commenting, I love that.

Secondly...ROUGH day! WOW! Glad you somehow survived it. Hope the couch did. And why didn't U2 happen? That's a drag.

I read Jere your comment, it brought a big smile to his face.

Jonny and Brittany said...

Who does that??!! Ahhh so RUDE! I had someone steal water from one of our rental properties once to fill up there pool...that was pretty bad too...lol ridiculous! Oh! wanted to let you know Sara doesn't have a blog yet but I will make sure she gets one...lol! Sounds like life is hectic over there but it's good to keep in touch!