Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another trip to the tortilla factory



Well here is another exciting post by the man of the house, what topic would he choose you ask? Hmm let's think, how about my motorcycle!! Tony and I took another trip to Tortilla Flats today but it was our second choice. I got a motorcycle hauling trailer from Tony a few years back and since we are taking our bikes to Laguna Seca for the Moto GP race in July I figured I would fix it up. Tony and I were going to trailer our bikes to Salt River Canyon about 100 miles away for the trailer's test run if you will. I had just finished repainting it and I put down a new floor on it and a brand new set of tires. The tire shop only had one size bigger in stock but we thought it would be ok. When there was no weight on the trailer the tire had clearance however after it had two bikes on it it rubs. Well Tony and I were in a hurry to go and so we had not checked this before we left and only figured it out at the first stoplight when I asked him, hey Tony do you smell burning rubber? Sure enough the tire was rubbing and is now primed and ready to be recycled into asphalt or glue or concrete or whatever they turn brand new ruined tires into these days. Needless to say I was mad. We decided to go to our usual spot about 30 miles away and still had a good time. We took some video for everyone to see so enjoy.
Here is Tony

Here is Me

And agian here is Tony

And again here is me

Now before you all give me the be safe talks remember these two important facts

1. The camera adds twenty miles per hour

2. The speed limit on this road was 100mph so I was only going 15 over

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Looks like good times. Now I am only going to be worried if you ride a motorcycle like you do those 4 seater bikes we rode at the Pumpkin patch carnival thing-a-jiggy. Which by the way was totally awesome!

Amy said...

You haven't laughed until you've seen Mark and Tisha pedaling like mad on one of those four seater bikes with Dave in the child seat on the front. I also liked it when Tisha biffed it on the single rider bikes and instead of helping his lady wife Mark just picked his up and carried it over her wreckage so he could get on with the race. I am glad you are enjoying your new bike and I am refraining from any safety related remarks.

Mary Ann W. said...

I will not refrain ...Mark,... Mark,... Mark! (You can fill in the dots with all the safety nagging I always give) Glad to see the helmet!
Hope you had fun and sorry about the tire. I had a wonderful time at your house and just for the record...I am proud to be your Mother!
Love you all,
Mom

Shar said...

Cool. I'm glad you and Tony were able to get away after entertaining the ancient ones. Thanks for the fun.

Paul or Lindsay said...

Sa-weet!

Natalie said...

Hey, if you haven't killed yourself yet (I'm remembering you jumping off your roof onto the trampoline), I figure you're good. I'm glad you and Tony are having a fabulous time with your rad bikes!