



Well I am sure that this is not the kind of new baby that some of you were hoping for but we do have a new addition to the family. I just bought a Honda VFR 750 Interceptor. Let me just say she is a beaut. I bought this bike because it is on my list. All real motorcycle enthusiasts have a list of bikes they will own in there lifetime and this one is on mine. I don't plan to fix it and sell it I just want to jump on and enjoy. I know that some of you might say , Mark you don't have a job why are you making frivolous purchases? Well let me tell you. My good friend Tony came by a week or so ago and brought his Ducati, a beautiful machine. As always I took it for a quick ride and that is when I had an epiphany. I am a huge motorcycle guy who for almost a year did not own a registered motorcycle. That is not right! How could I let that happen? Well it was an eventful year, but that was no excuse so I set about to getting the problem sorted out. Sure enough I found a great bike that was a good deal and as stated before it was on my list. The stars had aligned and it was meant to be. This bike has a lot of cool features and the best ones are the single sided swingarm, the righteous sound, and the more upright riding position for my hands. I know most of you who read our blog won't care but I was excited. P.S. I just wanted to add that I always ride with my helmet, my leather jacket, pants, boots, and a jock strap and a protective cup. Thanks.
8 comments:
Agree to wear a helmet and I will support you buying whatever bikes are on your list. I am glad you have something new and shiney.
I'm with Amy on the helmet. You are father with responsibilities now... It is a great looking bike and I'm glad you are happy with it. Hope the wind rushes by as you sail along the road (at the speed limit of course)
Love you all,
Mom
HaHa! I absolutely care! That's freakin' awesome! Tyler would never let me get a motorcycle, he thinks I would die, you probably do too but I think it would rock. I think I almost convinced him last summer but that dream died I guess. Oh and I'm glad you guys finally updated the blog. I don't think it's frivolous either! You live in Arizona where you can ride it most months out of the year besides the rainy season right? You'd never get that kind of time in Utah! Thanks for the bit about the jock strap and cup, it wouldn't be you without a comment like that huh?
:)
I can't imagine what your life was like without having a bike for over a year. I'm glad you were able to make this purchase, and I hope you have fun with it. Please be safe!
P.S--When did Tony get into bikes? I had no idea he owns a Ducati!
I too am glad that you were able to add this "New addition" to your family. Along with what everyone else said, just be safe. :) Congratulations.
I was really worried that you were riding without a cup all these years. You have convinced me to make my own "list" of purchases I will make in my lifetime. Hmmm... the only one I can think of right now is a maid. Happy Riding!
Dallin loved the pictures, and the idea..... but I am not as nice as your wife! haha
Way to put some manliness into your wife's blog, Mark. Nice bike too.
Post a Comment