Friday, April 5, 2019

the Donkey of Bremen Town

When Kingston brought home a script from school I wasn't really sure what to expect. His teacher had asked we practice facial expression and memorization so when I busted it open  I wondered what we would get. Kingston knew his lines- perfectly! He knew everyone else's line-perfectly. We really only went through it a few times before the performance. 

We showed up 30 min early to get front row seats and we settled in. Again, had really no expectations and figured Kingston would blend in, know his lines and do well but nothing prepared me for what was next. I WAS BLOWN AWAY! His little group was the first Fairy tale on deck- Kingston being the first and main animal, the donkey of Bremen town. He came out, confident, calm and nailed his lines, had theatrics, eye contact, charisma, a loud singing voice and awesome moves. He smiled and had influx. He killed it. He was riveting to watch and when I posted the video on FB/Insta everyone else was shocked too. He did such a great job. He told me later that day he was "a tiny bit nervous" before it started but once he got on stage "I could do that in front of a million people". I think we may have an actor on our hands. All hail the King. 


Cute little donkey of Bremen 



Kingston and Mrs Butikofer


0 comments: