Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Breaking Spring and Easter

In January, (I think while we were at Dave and Marianne's celebrating New Years) we decided that Spring Break would be best spent at Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs, Co. We picked the dates, booked our hotel and waited. We had an absolute blast! I had no idea such a place existed and the kids were in paradise. We arrived Monday afternoon (after a 9 hour drive) and headed straight to the pool. There were slides, a wave pool, LOTS of area for Enzo to walk and shoot water, obstacle courses and a race track. The lodge had story time, games and a bubble dance party in the evening and the kids LOVED it. Kingston was a dancing fool! We were content to just watch and let the kids play. It was the best. 

There was an arcade, a bowling alley, a ropes course, food, scavenger hunts, crafts, and daily activities. Totally right up my kid's alley. Mc won a Pug stuffed dog from the claw machine, K got mounds of candy from his tickets and Enzo got to nap. It was a win/win. Mary Ann ended up riding down with us and sharing a room with us- grateful that her life's servitude was teaching elementary so rowdy kids didn't seem to faze her (I hope!). 
Anamatronic bear- think Chuckie Cheese but better. 


Story time- spotting Mc in any crowd isn't hard. 


The girls. They stuck together, rode the slides, had to be forced from the wave pool and just had fun. 

On our 2nd day, Mary Ann got a cabana for us. It was divine! Enzo swam and then just chilled on the couch with his blankie and a snack and watched TV. Cabana for the win. 


We swam A LOT so, I thought it might be a nice break to head to the Garden of the Gods natural park for a break. Since we were in Colorado Springs and it was one of the top things to do, I figured we might as well since we were there. It was nice weather, just a long enough walk with tiny kids and it was F R E E. The park was a private party's land and when he passed away, he said he would give it to the state of Colorado as long as they kept it free forever. Super cool rock formations- red rock mixed in with the usual mountain fare. 

We had Red Robin for dinner, went back and swam until the pool closed and then got up early Wednesday to head back home. We had our first barf in the car- luckily Great Wolf had provided us with HUGE drink cups that caught said barf and averted crisis (poor Kingston). 


Kingston and Kylie- this was Julie's friend and he pretty much wanted to spend the entire trip with her. She let him play on her IPod, held his hand and looked out for him. It was super cute. 



COUSINS

Daddy and Enzo




Enzo gave the bear a great big kiss before we left. 
 We love Easter! We got together with the Thomases and dyed/decorated eggs. We love having them come and spend time with us!


Our eggs! 
One of our favorite traditions is the egg hunt at Mary Ann's- breakfast, eggs and a prize "auction". Mc made out this year with almost $20!

I had heard about a Helicopter Egg drop at the equestrian park by Mom's. I thought it would be fun to walk over, get faces painted, see baby animals and enjoy the lovely weather. We ended up cutting through their neighbor's yard (SO glad we didn't drive) and then we saw the hoards of people. There was no organization and people every where. In a field was the copter ( teensie tiny behind the kids in the picture) and I cut through to ask a volunteer what was happening. We ended up leaving. Later I found out they only anticipated 1500-2000 people and TWENTY thousand showed up. No thanks. The kids didn't mind hanging out at Mimi's.

The Easter bunny came to G & Chris's house. They were in St George so we set up a little hunt upstairs and he hid the kid's baskets in the shower.

Usual bottom of the stairs Easter picture. 

BASKETS

The chickies all ready for Easter Sunday. 

My sweet friend Christy makes these hand dipped chocolate eggs. They remind me of Easter as a kid...and, if I get one for everyone in my family, more for me ;) 
I am grateful for Easter Sunday to take time to remember my Savior and the sweet, selfless sacrifice that he made. Death has no sting, my kids are mine forever, I can try again every day to be better and I have the perfect example in Him.

Back to school for the kids this week and we are down to less than one month of school left. I am excited for summer and hopeful of the prospect of finding a home in the next few weeks. We have been with G & Chris for two months (yesterday) and feel like the kids have adjusted really well. We are happy here but, ready for our next adventure.

0 comments: