Thursday, December 8, 2016

#lighttheworld


One of my favorite traditions every year, is getting an email from my sweet friend, Lindsay at the Adoption Exchange and selecting children/siblings to purchase gifts for. We had six kids total this year- one tiny baby, a few siblings and kids that are around my kid's ages. I think that is is the funnest part and something that can continually remind my kids (at any age) how blessed they are. These kids need coats, boots and clothes but, like any kid, have toys (Legos, barbies, coloring supplies) that they hope to find Christmas morning too. I love shopping for them. I love talking about them all the month of December and thinking about them Christmas morning as we open our own gifts.

The church also issued a challenge #lighttheworld where every day we do something to remember Christ and this was a great way to kick off the 25 ways in 25 days. I love my Savior and want to try and remember him and his sacrifice every day, not just at Christmas.

0 comments: