Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant.

This year, we were given a "Floating Holiday" at work that we could use in the place of any "holiday" we chose. I had to use the day before I go on FMLA with the baby and about a month ago, I asked for the Friday before Memorial to squeeze every ounce out of the long weekend. It was quite fortuitous because Heidi Kay decided to burn up her Mother's Day presents by coming to visit me! We haven't seen each other (except Facetime) in 4 years and it was an excellent visit! I wish the weather would have cooperated more so our yard sales adventures would have been more fruitful but overall, it was such a nice break. The French toast from Kneaders drowned our sorrows from the rain on Saturday, pedicures, shopping, X-MEN (with Mark as the "third wheel"), Hoarders, Creamies, and walks. The weekend went by too quickly and before I knew it I was taking her back to the airport. As we pulled away, Mc said, "I miss Heidi"- I feel ya kid! Nice to have a friend that makes it feel like no time has passed and even though our lives are busy and always changing, we can pick up right where we left off.

1 comments:

Cossebooms said...

I love the title of your post. Bruce heard me singing it in the shower and asked why I was singing that song, and I told him from your blog. I'm grateful for your friendship, and so glad I got to come out and spend some time with you. So excited for you and your next adventure with baby #3. He's so blessed to come to your family. Wish I lived closer to be there to meet him. Looking forward to pictures. Take care and rest up before the big arrival! Thanks again!