Lately, Mckinley's existence revolves around those who will be in attendance at her birthday party...in
October, 2014! Almost daily, we are discussing what presents she will be getting and the guest list. It seems that the birthday party has become akin to a living Will for a 90 year old lady. At any given moment, I will be removed from the list (for asking her to clean up her room, telling her the nightgown she is wearing is not outside attire), re-added and Kingston (poor kid), he has never made the cut. It just got me thinking about where this phenomenon came from. How does a five year old little girl decide that a Birthday Party is the epitome of inclusion and that she can strike fear into the hearts of others as she declares, "Fine, you are NOT invited to my birthday!"? Keep in mind, this kid has had ONE birthday party in her whole life and she was three. It hardly included the grandeur she has conjured of bounce houses, oodles of friends and Hello Kitty lip gloss party favors. Alas, tonight will be attending a party for a friend from preschool. She carefully selected a gift and came down at the crack of dawn this morning saying, "I am all rested up for Teegan's party."
We live and die by the birthday party. I live for the excitement that comes daily in knowing whether or not I will actually be allowed to attend the party I will be paying for.
 |
| Miss Sass. |
3 comments:
Oh, my word! She CRACKS me up! You better weasel Kate in on the birthday action; sounds like it will be ticket of the year!
That girls is not lacking in the personality department! I love the things that come out of kids mouths! All during December Finn would constantly remind me if I was nice he would be getting me a Christmas present... but If I did anything he didn't like.. I was NOT getting a gift from him!!
I love that little diva.
Post a Comment