This is what I was doing a month ago. Riding through the gardens of Versailles. It was one of those moments in my life where I totally felt at peace. At one. It was an amazing experience. The day was perfect. The weather was serene and while riding along, I could be alone with my own thoughts. It was almost like a dream- there was a slight breeze, birds, rows and rows of meticulously manicured trees and that feeling of being so small in the grand scheme of things. I was able to close my eyes (only for a moment because I am sure my bike riding skills were less than desirable), and give the yearnings of my heart to the Lord. It was one of those times where you hope your brain keeps that picture forever, the epitome of a "happy place" where you could slip away during the toddler tantrums. Thanks Blackhursts, for keeping the dream alive.
I Do Now
6 days ago

2 comments:
It's all I keep dreaming about, and Dave too. Yesterday at church he texted me during sacrament just two seats away with that same pic of us all riding bikes, "I wish I was here right now," it said. Definitely nice to have a happy place to escape to (and sort of sad at the same time;)
A glimpse of Heaven....
Post a Comment