Saturday, February 2, 2013

Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad


10 years ago, yesterday, Mark and I got engaged. It was cold in Logan but that didn't stop us from taking the motorcycle up the canyon. I stuffed my hands into Mark's coat pockets and hid my face from the frigid wind as we zipped around those tight corners. Little did I know the ring, sans box, was in his coat pocket, the one with my hand in it,  and had I moved wrong, it could have been lost forever. I said yes. There was no question. One time in my life that I felt certain, without a doubt that I was making the right decision.

There was a time in our lives when the only reason we would wake up on Saturday morning before 10  was because we got hungry or had to go to the bathroom. Now, that has been replaced with the cries of a toddler from his crib and the cold feet of a 4 year old snuggled against your back every morning before the sun even comes up. This morning was different. Mark got up, got the kids ready and took them to his mom's for the day. I just woke up. The house is quiet. I ate a caramel brownie for breakfast. What a difference two hours makes.

Real love. A true companion in all things. My rock. My Zen Master.

4 comments:

The Balls said...

Thanks a lot! I read your blog and am now guilted into updating mine. ;) Great stuff by the way.

*The Thomas 3* said...

This is a really good pic Tish. You should have it framed and put it up in your house! Can't believe you've almost been married for 10 years. I hope we're as on top of things as you guys are (even though you might not feel like it right now!) when we hit the big 10.

Paul or Lindsay said...

Love birds. What a cute post!

Wendy said...

Nice to spend some time with you on this momentous day!! xoxo