Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tip Toe By The Window

What a great April we have had thus far! We have lived in Utah for two months now and have adjusted to the weather (we have been saying that March came in like a lamb and is leaving like a lion because we have had so much snow!). Mark and I had the opportunity to go to conference during the Easter Sunday Morning session. Truly an amazing experience. It really hits when you haven't gone to conference @ the Conference Center in years and being back in Utah surrounded by so many people of your faith. I have a testimony of our Prophet, Pres. Monson. What an amazingly loving man. His presence filled that conference center to every corner and I still wish I could meet him and just hug him.
Easter was fun this year too. Mc doesn't really get the gist yet of egg hunting. She just loves to be outside running and if she happens to stumble across an egg with candy in it, extra bonus. She has discovered she LOVES Sixlets (the blue ones leave a particularly wonderful hue on her face when she is done) and she also loves bubbles. We got to have a fun Easter Egg hunt @ Grandma Mary Ann's between Saturday sessions. Mimi also gave Mc an Easter basket (notice the gloves which are an Easter MUST) and thanks to the new Liberty of London line from Target...a darling dress.













Being back in Utah means friends and family are really close and we have really enjoyed that. We got to go to a cousin's baby blessing today and spend some quality time with them. We also aren't a state away from the Blackhursts which means we can get together for bowling/family home evening.




















We have been making some major progress on the house. We have finally come to the decision that some of the work we are going to pay someone else to do so that Mark has more time @ home with Mc after work rather than having to work on the basement. Plus, we can't be super loud once she is asleep so it pays off. We have a framer coming to do the basement in about a month and then we have a major undertaking- the drywall repair. We love our shutters in our living room. It really makes it look expensive and clean. And as you can see, Mc loves to just max and relax with her daddy.

8 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

She's a smart girl! Sixlets are yummy! We ended up hiring someone to do the mudding and taping of our drywall and I'm so glad we did! Good luck on all of your projects!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

The shutters look really nice. Bowling was lovely...we'll do that again along with many more memories to come!

Thats Mrs.Mastriana to you said...

House is looking great! Missing you tons!

Cossebooms said...

Looks like Easter was fun! You didn't show a picture of her dress. But some pictures of the house are nice. The blinds are a very nice touch. See you in a few days.

Natalie said...

I'm SO GLAD you guys came today. You always make everything fun and entertaining. I'll call you this week when I figure out date night. I also want to see your house before the work and after. That wallpaper sounds like it must be seen to be appreciated!

P.S--Sixlets are delicious!

Audy & Ash said...

Your blinds look amazing!! Love your house... now i just need to see it in person! :0) Easter looked fun! Miss you tons!

The Balls said...

LOVE the shutters!!!

Mary Ann W. said...

Love the shutters too! Come over and have lunch with Grandma one day soon.
I am sooooooooooooooo glad you are back close to us!