Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Going the distance.

This post is going to be quite lengthy so settle in :) Here it is, Tuesday morning, 9:12. I woke up @ my usual early morning hour to begin packing the kitchen. Mark and I have decided if you go to hell for being a bad person, the three things you will be forced to suffer with for eternity will be:
1) Car shopping
2) House/Apt/Condo shopping
3) Packing/Moving/Unpacking

The kitchen is the worst. I hate the newspaper and the way it feels on your hands as you push it into glasses and bowls. It is almost as bad as nails on a chalkboard. We are almost there. Of course we didn't have enough boxes so Mark is off to get more and is making a D.I. run this morning as well.

Yesterday was my last day @ UOP. I had a wonderful "last supper" (only it was breakfast) with my team. They all made a page in a scrapbook for me (even the boys) and it will be something to always remember them by. There were tearful goodbyes but I know what we are doing is right. It felt so weird walking out of that building and driving home for the last time.

Last night was "The Bachelor". Horribly good TV, but alas, anyone in Utah that doesn't have anything else @ 9:00 on Monday night, come on over. You will be glad you did! Before we watched, Heidi had made me a sweet video of our lives in AZ. I had already been crying most of the day and that didn't help. She also had to put U2 songs in the background and that made it worse!! :) We really have been blessed with good friends. It just makes me sad I didn't make these connections 3 years ago. I guess that might have made it even harder to leave though.

I also wanted to throw in a little tidbit about the 1/2 marathon last Saturday. Heidi and I got there @ 6:45. Froze to death (Annette was wearing shorts and a t shirt but I am sure she was glad she didn't have to tie her jacket around her waist like me). And started the race @ 8:00 that we have been training for since July. I wanted to finish in 2 hours 30 min. and I finished in 2:31. It felt awesome! It was for a good cause too and @ every 1/2 mile mark there was a picture of little kids that had gone through chemo with no hair saying, "you think running is hard, try having cancer". It was so great to be outside, one last time in AZ running.

I fly out Thursday night and Mark will be driving into Utah town on Friday afternoon. I can't believe it is already here and that AZ is going to be a thing of the past in two days. I will post some pictures of the marathon later. Back to packing!

6 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

I agree about the kitchen being the worst to pack AND the newspaper being like nails on a chalkboard. I'm cringing just thinking about it! I wish I was there to help...I'd be more than happy to help you unpack once you are here! Good luck!

Cossebooms said...

Well my friend it has been a great journey! I will always remember us starting off running and being pooped after 1 mile. Look how far we came. I will miss seeing your smiling face every morning in the dark to run. I will always be so grateful for my friendship with you and will miss hanging out with you and getting your e-mails from work. Continue watching the Bachelor so we can chat about the crazy show. I will miss my garage sale buddy, but keep it up in Utah. I wish you the best in this move and you will be a great stay at home mom!!

Sarah said...

I'm sure that for every person shedding tears in AZ there will be giant smiles here in UT! Let me know if there's anything I can help you with-

AZ's loss is our gain!

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see you! You are right. Hell would be being forced to pack, move, and unpack over and over.

Evan and Lindy said...

I can't believe you will be gone from AZ. It will definitely be an adjustment. There's a joke in our ward about how true the church is in your ward - you can tell by the number of Elders that come to help. I hope it's really true in your new ward ;) since Evan won't be there to help. We'll miss you.

Paul or Lindsay said...

I am guessing you are here by now. Let me know if you guys need anything! And I am with you on the moving thing. I don't move every year because I love it. Good luck and way to go on the half!