Saturday, January 12, 2013

Split ends.

Mckinley's hair has never been cut. Her hair, from conception, has been left to nature and let's be honest, nature has been good. She really has THE most beautiful hair. Well, at four years old, we finally decided to even out the ends. My sweet SIL Kamille came over and leveled off the ends- only about an inch, but when I held it in my hands it seemed like so much. Again, one of those "firsts" that are over in a split second. The comb goes through smoother, it's easier to wash and there aren't as many stragglers when we Alex does a braid. But, most people wouldn't even notice.

For a moment, it made me a little sad. It's just a haircut. The one of many I am sure but in the end, it was a first that is over. And we move on now to firsts that are a lot less simple like the conversation last week about lady parts ("What are those?" poke poke). I much rather prefer the haircut and explaining why we can't have ramen noodles for breakfast.


Hair like spun silk the color of gold.
 
 
The big girl held super still & wasn't scared at all.

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Her hair really is so beautiful! So funny you posted this.. I have been talking to Audy about Sophie's hair and how it needs a trim too... I love those awkward conversations we get to have... at least MC is not trying to nurse her brother...Yes I had to have that convo with Finn and Soph!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Oh, baby steps, Miss Tisha, baby steps! But, yes, it's a big deal, and you did a great job keeping a stiff upper lip!

Brammer Family said...

Honesty, when I first met you all, my first thought sitting behind you in church was ”That little girl has got some great hair!” Lucky. :)

Cossebooms said...

She does have a nice head of hair. Glad you experienced the "first haircut". Just think now it's nice and healthy, and it will grow back.

*The Thomas 3* said...

I cut Brynlee's a long time ago in hopes that it would thicken it up and make it grow... Epic fail! Mc does have gorgeous hair and I hope she never cuts it so she can go horseback riding and whip the horse with it to go faster! :)

Wendy said...

Why can't we have ramen noodles for breakfast?? And now at least her hair won't get stuck in between her bum cheeks when she takes a shower!! hehe Love that beautiful baby girl!