Thursday, October 28, 2010

This is Halloween

I love me some Halloween! We had a little pumpkin carving party on Tues. and it was great fun! We blasted some "Nightmare Before Christmas" and displayed our best knife skills. We also discovered, in our attempt to find the perfect pumpkins, the Winco in all it's money saving glory. That night, we also got our first snow for the year. It was cold but beautiful and the smell of the wet grass, candles in pumpkins and FALL was intoxicating.

Mckinley made a beautiful brightly markered pumpkin.
Mimi, Papa, Britty and Brayden were able to share in the festivities.
Mark- joined Mc in just "drawing" on his pumpkin and decided to place it so lovingly in the back of the pack because it was the "reject" pumpkin.





All lit up...my favorite part of Halloween!

5 comments:

sinika said...

I love that you can see the snow coming down in the pumpkin family pic. We still need to carve... running out of time!!!!!!

*The Thomas 3* said...

Brayden is disgusting! Looks like you had fun... Sorry we missed it!

Natalie said...

I just have to say, I'm glad Halloween is over. When you have 5 kids and a million Halloween parades and parties, it just doesn't seem fun anymore. I'm glad you had fun carving your pumpkins. They look fabulous!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

So I was just scrolling down my blogger list and noticed that I stole your post title of "This is Halloween." Either we're both very unoriginal, or we're both very cool and think exactly alike. I think it's the latter. Anyways, sorry to steal your thunder.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a record you not posting for a week and a couple of days. :) I think you are coming down with the Bree Ann Syndrome, sorry Bree but it is true! Haha