This post is coming to you live from Utah! We made it. Now that last statement ended in a period rather than an exclamation point because both Mark and I have decided wholeheartedly that this seems like a rather long, rather horrible vacation that just isn't going to end. For starters, we think our new house hates us. We moved in to scratched counter tops, our thermostat broke the first night leaving a "warm" Utah welcome of 58 degrees in the morning (try getting out of bed, and your sockless toes touching the hardwood that hasn't felt heat for a day), my dresser took a plunge from the moving truck, Mckinley got sick the first day here, our dishwasher decided to leak into the basement and ruin ALL the drywall in the laundry room and to top it off, I washed my IPOD last night. We have been attempting to unpack and have found space a little more limited and that most everything has had to be moved and re-moved. Refer to the last post on what a day in hell would be like and then see above...I think this supersedes!
We are grateful for all our family and friends that have been more than willing to step in and assist. (thanks especially to all those that have seen me @ my finest WITCHY self and even got to see me have a meltdown...you know who you are).
I just put Mc down for a nap. Mark is @ Home Depot- our 2nd home for the next year and I am typing away in our "office" think concrete floors and a card table. We really took for granted how nice our home was in AZ. I know this house will be nice eventually too- you can see the potential amidst all the chaos.
I have lots of pictures to post but cannot find the USB for the camera presently. Stay tuned for those.
Happy 31 to my sweetie yesterday- sorry it wasn't the best birthday on record and for me, turning 28 today, just like any other day except I am living out of boxes, it is 11:00 and I still haven't showered and my feet are freezing. Sorry this post wasn't it's normal cheery self..back on track soon I can feel it!
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
10 comments:
Wow, that is crazy! I hope that you have a better day! Happy Birthday!!!
I'm sorry that you guys have had so much chaos. Where is your new house? If we can help you with anything (Lifting furniture, unpacking boxes, babysitting, etc) let us know. We'd love to help. Happy Birthday today!
congrats on arriving safely! sorry it's been crazy. i am convinced that any time you move, the new house tries to break YOU in. good luck!!
Happy Birthday!!! Like I said on the phone the chaos is AZ cursing you for moving. Wish I was there to help. Things will get better and your home will be lovely, I just know it. Keep pushing along!
Things can only go up from here...maybe your house actually loves you and just wants you to have high hopes for your future together. Thanks for calling yesterday; I always need a little Tisha fix. HAPPY B-DAY!--Birthday gifts to come this weekend if we get together.
So sorry about all the shiz. Things can only go up from here, right? I had two children in about 800 square feet; I know a thing or two about space saving. Let me know if you need any help finding a spot for things. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Okay girl... stop and think about how blessed you are... did you come up with anything... well we don't have a Tai Pan here and you do there. :o)You know this summer you will be gloating!!! We do miss you guys. Love to all.
Hey!! I know the feeling. Been there done that. No matter how much I love AZ my heart is in Utah. I miss every hoilday, birthday, and just plain old hanging at the parents house for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Or eveb hanging with my sisters. In the long run those are the things I am missing and can't get back and it is so hard on me sometimes to not have that support system here. So amoungst the trials remember you are where you are suppose to be :)
I think Joanne's comment is my favorite. You will be gloating about all the sweet finds you will have at Tai Pan! haha! So True!
I think you would have to be medicated to be cheerful during a move. I'm sorry for all the chaos, feel free to call if you need anything. Also, I know you don't need it anytime soon but I have a toddler bed we're not using anymore if you want it.
Post a Comment