
Next is me on the Mighty VFR a lot faster than Tony and actually a lot faster then it looks at least that is how if felt. I was doing like 70mph it just looks slow. Did I say 70 what I meant was 35mph officer.
And one more just for fun is me on Tony's Ducati. After I rode his bike I have decided that I need a more modern sport bike. His suspension is so much better than mine that is was almost painful to ride my 15 year old bike after his. So in the spring the VFR will most likely get traded in for something a little newer. I am torn because she is so sexy but I think I need something a little more agile most likely a 2000 or newer VFR 800, due to it's more upright riding position. I am still debating. Not that anyone who reads this blog really cares but there you go.
I will say this on the way back I was able to go almost all the way through the canyon with no one ahead of me and it was amazing. I leaned over further and rode faster than I ever had before and thought it was enough to shed my bike of it's chicken strips but alas they are still there laughing at me. I still had a great time and will miss the roads and weather here when we move. Utah's road are crap and the canyons are full of gravel so i may have to start riding at the track instead. We plan to go one more time in January and I look forward to it.
3 comments:
Utah's roads are especially bad on days like today when they are covered in snow...grrr!
Looks like a lot of fun! That canyon is gorgeous!
I just stumbled across your blog and am a fellow motorcyclist! Those roads are BEAUTIFUL! I only WISH we had roads like that here in Mississippi. I have to resort to track riding as you were talking about, which is a BLAST, but can also get expensive and it means I don't get to ride the curves as often as I'd like! (I've got a 05 GSXR-750 by the way)
Post a Comment