Saturday, November 21, 2009

Going the distance

When we first started running in July, I made it to the Fry's (a mile) and had to limp in pain and out of breath, all the way home. This morning, we finished 8 miles for the 2nd time. Yes, that's right, 8 miles. It feels amazing- please do not misconstrue this as bragging- I just never thought in a million years I would be saying I was training for a 1/2 marathon.

Heidi and I ran our 5k last night- finished in 30 minutes. I wanted to finish in 25 but 30 minutes was a good pace. It was so thrilling to be there with all those runners. We are doing the Turkey Trot 10K on Thanksgiving morning. I think it will be good to get up and run so I don't feel so guilty about all the pumpkin pie I am going to eat :)

Thanks Heidi and Annette for pushing me to keep going!
Me and Heid just after the 5k- sweaty, stinky and smiling!!


This was a cute picture of Mark and Mc feeding the ducks. The race was @ a park that has a great duck pond.

11 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Yeah we did it!! Our first race! It's been fun, tiring, hard work getting up so EARLY in the mornings to run. And completing the race made it worth it. I sure enjoy our runs together, and will miss my buddy a ton when you move.

Jess and Jen said...

Way to go! That's awesome!

Audy & Ash said...

That is awesome!!

Ben and Brittany said...

That is so exciting! Way to go!

Jenn said...

Way to go Tish!! That is awesome! I wish I had enough patience to run that long hahaha good for you!

Marianne said...

You are amazing. I like to think I could do something like that but I'd have to get my butt off the couch first. I am very inpressed and yes 8 miles IS something to brag about.

Natalie said...

Good job! I am a bit jealous of you and my running sisters. I actually started enjoying running and was getting decent at it right before I got pregnant. Now, I'm going to have to start from square 1....again.

Michelle said...

Way to go you guys!!! Once my kids all get in school and I have time I would love to do something like that. I am lucky to do my work out on the Wii :)

Paul or Lindsay said...

Way to go!! If you're here in April, you should do the Salt Lake half with me, Shelley, and possibly others. It's so much easier to exercise when you have a goal in mind. Good job!

*The Thomas 3* said...

I'm proud of ya sister! You're a better woman than I am!

Kelsie said...

i totally just found your blog! how fun! you guys are awesome!! keep going!