

Mckinley and I just got back from a wonderful trip to Utah. I have said it once and I will say it again, you forget how green a state can be until you get to Utah in the summer. There are so many gorgeous flowers and the trees and grass are a shade of green that could only be sustained in Arizona with gallons of water daily. We did a lot of visiting and were lucky enough to be in town for the blessing of her cousin Jill. Such a darling baby with mounds of black hair.
While we were in town we got to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. The temple is truly an amazing place. At the beginning we watched a movie and Elder Holland said that he doesn't think about heaven in the paradisical sense but that "no place is heaven without your family". It was good and so true. I cannot imagine life on the other side without all of my family there.
Here is my family (sans Brayden and Tyler) @ the Temple. If you look closely you can see the burn mark on the angel Moroni from being struck by lightening a few weeks ago.
We got to visist a little bit with everyone- not everyone I would like (sorry roomies...I am horrible I know) but we are coming home for a full week in Sept. so bare with us! :)
This was one of the cutest pictures of our darling little girl who will be nine months next week...amazing! She is crawling and quite well I might add. She is very quick! She loves solid food and will eat anything! She now says "Mama" which I was totally stoked for. She also pulls herself up and can stand for brief periods on her own too.
No pics of Mark and Tony from the races in Cali but rest assured that Mark had an excellent time. He said the weather was cold, his driver lost (but did beat Tony's driver) and they filled up on cherries from a grove there. He brought Mckinley two shirts and I got a Honda shirt. It was weird being on vacation without him but I am glad he got to go and have a break for a bit.
Back to work this week and this weekend is the ward pool party. It is also going to be 115 here in Phoenix...one night in Utah I sat outside talking to my dad and thought, "man, it's cold". I had to stop myself from saying it because I would love to have that here in Phoenix. We miss Utah and every day I converse with the Lord (well, almost every day) about what we should do. We miss family. Summer. Grass. We know we will end up there eventually but it doesn't seem like the right time now. We really are blessed and have too many super good friends here that I would be sad to leave. There is also much to look forward to that will make the time to Sept. fly by. Next week, Harry Potter...YES! We are stoked #1 being as we are rabid fans and #2 it will be the first movie we have been to together since December. The week after, Mckinley's 9 month appt and WICKED!! I am so excited to see it! Nothing planned for Aug. and normally I would be soliciting all those that read my blog to visit but in Aug. Arizona resembles an oven/blowdryer as far as heat goes so hold off until Oct. How is that for an update? Until we meet again!


7 comments:
Looks like you had a great time in Utah with your family. I'm glad you came back home to us. Love the pic of McKinley, what a cutie. And I experienced her crawling here yesterday and standing up to the couch. She is growing up.
I have only seen the first Harry Potter movie. I LOVE the books, but Jess isn't into it at all and I just haven't gotten around to watching them by myself! I am very excited for you to go see Wicked though...it's awesome! I went in LA and is Salt Lake and can't wait to go again someday! -Jen
Mckinley is getting so big.. she is too cute!! SO glad that you got to spend some good quality time with the family! Until September I guess... We will miss you at Bree's shower ( you will be there is spirit)!!
You'll be back when you're supposed to be! Even though all of us in Utah want it to be sooner! Tish it was so good to see ya! I'm excited to have all three of you up here in September, hopefully everything goes well and I'm not too tired or feeling too yucky to have some fun with you all!
Love the up date and the remark on family and next life. Love the cute picture of Big Mac! So glad you live here in the hot state of AZ!
Glad you had fun. I too get a little teary-eyed when I see the mountains every time I come back to Utah (although, I usually notice how dry it is and not the greenery!). I can't believe McKinley stands!! Look out! She'll be walking before you know it. I'm super frustrated with Lucy because she puts nothing in her mouth! We've started daily "FEED YOURSELF" training, but it's going no where.
We will patiently await your return to Utah, and perhaps we'll even make it to Mesa for a little visit before you guys leave. Mckinley is so grown up. Hopefully we'll get to see y'all next time you're in town, and maybe we can do another date night.
Post a Comment