So today was officially my first day back to work. Man, in 12 weeks one can really get rusty on the jargon of business and management. It was weird because I went back to a team of unfamiliar faces and unfamiliar programs. At first I was a little shocked that I had left my newborn home, in good hands of course, and that I had ventured out to work....BUT...as the day progressed I remembered why I love what I do. I have a ton of cool people on my new team but my heart always lies with the original Team Williamson.
Mark is sick- he made it the whole trip in Utah without catching the plaque but I think we brought it back. Mckinley was out of sorts on Sunday too- kind of grouchy but back to her happy self today (Mark was extra grateful since he was flying solo today). She is getting so big and I just love to hear her chatter- Mark held the phone to her ear when I called today and she smiled when I talked to her. Such a sweetie.
I am on a book kick lately too- a few recommendations "Diary of a Skinny Wimpy Kid", "The Heretic's Daughter", "Freakonomics" and now I am listening to "The Last Lecture" (where the title of this post is from) about the guy who is dying of pancreatic cancer and wrote his last lecture on "childhood goals" in relation to his life.
These pictures have nothing to do with this post just documenting the cuteness of my daughter.




9 comments:
I'm glad you made it home safe! And I'm glad to see a positive first day back to work blog, I've been thinking about you all day and hoping it wasn't too traumatic to leave your little Mc.!!!
We are sick too. It must have come from someone on our side. Either that or we caught it from Mark. I like to think we caught it from him, not the other way around. In fact I am settled on it, Mark got us sick. Ok, now that I have someone to blame, I hope he feels better and that you settle into work well. We miss you guys already.
I'm so sorry Mark is sick. That's no fun. I too love reading lately, and "Freakonomics" is one of my favorites! As for the previously mentioned hilarious story, it involves a dress and a baby (you guess which gender). That's all I'll say!
I'm glad you are home safely. We've missed you guys! Well it sounds like going back to work wasn't too bad, I'm glad it was okay.
Glad you guys made it home safe. Sorry I didn't say bye, Dad said that bugged you but I didn't want to be close enough to you or Mark to get either of you sick. So Mark isn't going to blame me for this! Just kidding. It sucks he is sick! Call me when you get a chance cause I called you back but you're probably spending some fun time with that cute little girl! You guys need to plan to come back soon or something! I'm glad you like your job still but it is discouraging to all us back in Utah because that means that's one more thing holding you there! Blah! Anyways, I love and miss you all! Wish you could come home soon but I'll just have to be patient! Love you BYE!
hey!!! too bad you have to go back to work....my mom started her job this week too! well at least you are liking it!! Mckinley is SO cute with those hulk gloves!!! LOL LOL LOL!!! Loved the pictures!!! Hope she doesn't get sick and that Mark gets better soon! It was so good to see you the other day!! Miss you!
I miss you over here at work!!! I was so sad to find out you were on another team!!! Your little girl is so beautiful!!
I would think Mark already had the plaque, since about every American does. He just needs to brush and floss. But the plague...now that's something entirely different :)
Hey- it was good seeing you! I was so happy to hold your little sweetie! She is darling! Hope work goes well & Mark gets better!
Post a Comment