Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas 2019


We spent Grandpa Junior's birthday with the Williamsons- G & Chris had their dinner/gift exchange at their church and it was nice. They had us all draw a number and gave us each a Rubbermaid with different rooms attached. We got the kitchen- it was full of dish soap, garbage bags, a platter, dish towels, paper towels. All things you don't want to have to buy but were a welcome gift. All the kids (except Matt) pitched in and got them a Roomba Robot vacuum. We also all pitched in (probably except Matt too) and got Mary Ann one too. She was so happy she did a little "wahoo" dance. It was great.

Christmas eve started at Grandma Irene's party. We ate, won some white elephant gifts and wondered yet again, how much longer Grandma will be here to carry on this tradition with over 100 of her posterity. It was fun sitting with the Ricks kids and laughing with them. Mark had excellent friends in his cousins, like I did, and it felt good. I still miss Ash every holiday.

We then made our way to Mimi's to eat again and start the night's festivities. We had the sibling white elephant gift exchange- always a winner! We had a blow up Christmas skunk and a pimple popping kit that was a hit. The kids get jammies and get to spend time with cousins. Always a tradition I loved when I was growing up. I also need to note for future reference, I found the Christmas pickle again. Always the winner. Ha.




Jammie Kids

We all pitched in and had my friend make mom and dad this sign for the cabin. It says "On Mountain Time"

Christmas Lawrences

Christmas morning. Another year where we trapped the kids in their rooms with wrapping paper. It works great. We also started a new rule- whoever we hear before 7:00 AM (ahem, Kingston) gets to open their presents last. It worked like a champ! The kids waited until 7:00 and by 7:13 the presents were all opened. 
getting ready to charge through the wrapping paper

Mimi gave us a manger this year where we could place straw when we did good deeds or said something nice .We made a nice soft bed for baby Jesus who came Christmas morning. 

The face you make when you find a hoverboard in the pantry- thanks Doug & Amanda. 

Prized presents- the hoverboard, Heelies (shoes with wheels in them) and a baby Yoda shirt. 

The Treasure X skeleton house and transformers. 

A keyboard and a stuffed elephant (from Kingston). 

Christmas Coma. 

We really were blessed this year. Spending a night downtown with the kids was a great way to give them an experience vs more stuff. The kids seemed excited and full of Christmas wiggles. I wonder how many more years we have left where they are SO pumped to wake up early and open presents. There is Christmas excitement that is tangible.  It feels like this year, 2019, was the pinnacle of Christmases. These are the years we will talk about when they are adults and I love it. 

0 comments: