Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Summah Time pt.1

We have already had an overloaded summer! I always feel like I don't have enough planned but looking back, we have packed a lot into a month. Just a few of the things we have done so far-

  • Chalk Art Festival with Mimi/Papa, the Thomases, Ty, Jade & the boys, Britt & Garrisan. We had a blast roaming around the deserted Gateway and even let the kids run through the splash pad (much to Mark's chagrin). 

A little chalk art and a little gelato at Capo. 

Had a little hail storm.  
  • We discovered the South County Pool has $2 Mondays. 

Cousins (Brynlee & Mc have matching swimming suits)



Swimming Seesters- props to Bree for going off the high dive.  
  • We definitely have been putting our Thanksgiving Point pass to use this year too. We hit Farm Country to ride the ponies and see the new babies, then went to the Dino "seeum" and had ice cream (we have already been at least 2 other times since, including just yesterday). 






  • On Friday the 13th, I had planned to take the kids to Super Sport Camp at the Rec Center. We invited Porter Moeller, Brynlee Jade, Cash and Azia. Summer camp was a bust because they were supposed to get to swim the last 1.5 hours but, a kid pooped in the pool so they got to hang out outside where it was 100 degrees. I picked them up early and decided to take them to the Lego Day at the Library only see a sign that says, "Lego Play Closed: Due to Illness". L A M E. We hung out at the library for a minute and then went to get an ice cream at the janky Arctic Circle. Kind of a bust for the kids. A true Friday the 13th.




  • I LOVE float preview day at the Expo Center! I would love parades if they were air conditioned and I didn't have to sit for hours with my kids as I sweat to death. The kids love to vote on their favorites and all the free stuff. Plus, it's cool to commemorate the Pioneers- those people truly are the original super heroes. I wouldn't have made it. 






  • After an exceptionally crazy, summer day, I decided we would wake up early and head to Provo to the Bean Museum. For being free, it was surprisingly entertaining. Also air conditioned and on a 100 degree day, it was ideal. We got to see Shasta the Liger- I remember her being housed at the Hogle Zoo when I was little. I was most impressed by the art gallery from Boyd K Packer. He was an amazingly talented artist (both painting and sculpting). 

Shasta the Liger

The ever observant child. 

My Flamingo Girl

Boyd K Packer original
And since we were already down Utah County way, another trip to Thanksgiving Point. We watched the 3-D Ocean movie (dark & air conditioned so I may/may not have paid $6 to take a nap), played in the sand at the Dino Seeum and then had our traditional ice cream. 


0 comments: