We spent time with the Ellison family- Grandma Irene at 94 is still planning and executing a family party for over 100 people. We eat, share talents (usually just Mary Ann's kids) and exchange white elephant gifts. G & Chris had their party- another year of a Thanksgiving Point pass (a favorite gift), sleepwear for all the girls and Enzo's construction dress up were all a hit. More food. More family.
 |
| Julie, Jill Jill and Mc singing "Silent Night" |
 |
| Struction Enzo. |
 |
| The girls. |
 |
| Christmas Sunday kiddies. |
 |
| Anxiously waiting. |
 |
| I was able to catch Santa again on his way out- he found us in our new house! |
CHRISTMAS- the kids woke up ready to run downstairs but I thwarted their efforts! I put up wrapping paper so they couldn't sneak downstairs until Mark and I were ready to get up. (so smart, we will be doing that every year). The kids had very specific items they wanted- Mc wanted a Barbie Dreamhouse, K a drone and Enzo a kitchen. Mark made me a Lego mini fig wall display which was super clever and adorable. Breakfast of heart attack casserole at Mary Ann's on Christmas day and then the evening at Mimi's relaxing.
 |
| Stockings |
 |
| A word scramble for Mark- I got him a Stingray experience (swim, feed) at the local aquarium and he had to figure it out. It took him a minute for sure. |
 |
| A kitchen that makes "hot dogs and pie" was just what Enzo ordered. |
 |
| While this wasn't a $175, 4 foot tall Barbie Dreamhouse, this "Getaway house" and a note from Santa seemed to do the trick. |
 |
| The drone. Also, a Star Wars Smartwatch was another hit. |
 |
| Grandma Cookie and Grandpa Donut |
Mom's house for Christmas jammies and cousins. We were spoiled with a trip to the Ice Castles, books, toys and Mc got a guitar (one of her favorite gifts). We watched some old family movies which was super awesome and ate and ate and ate. I love that my kids LOVE their cousins and have a friend. Some of my best memories as a kid were spending time with my cousins and sharing the holidays with them.
All the bustling and hustle to get to Christmas and it's over so quickly. Like I said, having Christmas Eve on a Sunday seemed to stretch the holiday a little more and made it seem like we could really focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I love watching my kids get so excited and LOVE spending the day with those we love.
 |
| Mimi and Papa gave Enzo a shark tent and of course we had to sleep in it. |
 |
| The original Lawrence Clan. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment