Summer is over. We survived. About August 1st, I was pretty sure that extra hours had been added to our days and that bickering children are the result of too much sunshine and chlorine absorption. We spent LOTS of days swimming, at Thanksgiving Point, playing with friends, going to swimming lessons, riding bikes/scooters, going to movies, going to Target, eating Chic Fil A, and just figuring out life without Alex. Summer was short and long all in the same breath. Felt like it would never end but, I will miss the days at the pool and bum suntan lines on my babies.
Fall is already sliding in- I can smell it in the morning when I open my sliding door. I won't miss the lack of schedule, I won't miss the fear of sunburns, I won't miss telling my kids they can't have Ramen for lunch every day. I will miss the carefree days. I will miss the late night movies (anything after 7 PM). I will miss the bleached out blonde hair of my summer kids. Adios, Summer 2015!
 |
| Father's Day with Papa |
 |
| Cousns are the best. |
 |
| Kingston, Brielle and Rock at their first swimming lesson. K actually got in the pool and cooperated. |
 |
| Mimi's pool- K double covered with floaties and a tube |
 |
| Every day K would bring me "damn de lions" from the yard. |
 |
| Forth of July sparklers |
 |
| Watching "Little Rascals" and actually being nice to each other. |
 |
| We had our annual Brotherhood Reunion- Mark and all of his high school friends with some flashback pictures. These dudes are genuinely good and wholesome people. We love their families and the positive examples they are in our lives. |
 |
| Bules, Blackhurst, Nguyens, Swalbergs, Johnson, Johnson, Johnson, Walker (Nelson). Salt of the Earth. |
 |
| Babies! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment