
A third pregnancy really changes a lady. For me, this time was completely different in all facets. Sickness, body changes, back pain, delivery, and adjustments between a 5 and 3 year old (older kids, different schedules, different challenges). By this pregnancy I really thought I was seasoned in all things maternity. It really hit me this third go around how much of being pregnant, well all of it really, is based solely on what I can do- I am the only one to carry the baby, the only one to deliver. It's a solo effort that is sacredly given to me. As I sat telling Mark, "I can't do this" through those agonizing, unexpected contractions, it really hit me that no one was going to do this for me. With that said, I felt with this pregnancy, I EARNED that badge of motherdom. What I mean, having delivered this child without the ease of medication, I was a part of the process. I felt this creature slip into the world and it was something I had never felt with my other two. I finally felt that I had arrived, not that one cannot with only one or two kids, but for me, this felt like I had accomplished what I was put here to do, and he is the perfect addition to the other two little people who call me Mom.
3 comments:
Cute picture!
I love this sweet picture! Welcome to motherhood. :)
So precious! :)
Post a Comment