Monday, June 10, 2013

Maiden Voyage

When G & Chris asked us to join them on a lovely day of boating on Utah Lake, we were more than happy to oblige. Funny thing, we were driving next to G & Chris (and their new yellow boat) almost the whole way there and didn't know it was them.

We had a great day! It was a little chilly and I wasn't brave enough to get in the frigid water but Mc won the "Best Boater Award" for jumping right in, using her "thumbs up" to go faster in the tube & just being brave overall. Both kids were a little nervous when we first headed out- Mc was alarmed we would sink and I am not so sure Kingston liked the life vest.

We went tubing, had lunch, laid in the sun and just enjoyed the surprisingly uncrowded lake. The kids & I were almost sunburn free- K had a weird patch on his nose, I missed my knees with the sunscreen and Mc was solid. Mark however, decided he didn't need sunscreen, thought he was all good until later that evening when he noticed his feet and inner legs (from sitting on the tube) were ROASTED- like so bad he couldn't wear shoes or pants.

Mark isn't sold on the idea of owning a boat but I have fond memories of boating as a kid. For now, we are happy to tag along for the ride.

Mc & Grandma- who was also brave enough to get in




Mark and the kidlets. Cannon would do "thumbs down" while Mc was "thumbs up" the whole way.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

How fun!! You all look so cute! Looks like it was a great day.. minus Mark's sunburn! xoxo

sinika said...

The perfect solution is to make friends with people who own boats :)

Looks like a fun day!