Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'd be lonely without you here, like a bird without a song

Ten years. It seemed like an eternity away as we started our life together, today, a decade ago. I remember waking up early. I remember what I wore. I remember Mark showing up to pick me up at my parent's house to drive me to the Timpanogas Temple- the last night sleeping at my parents house. I remember our Sealer saying to "love each other more every day" and I am pretty sure that is what we have done. The rest of the day seemed like a blur and before we knew it, we were making our way to Arizona. Leaving home and our families and "cleaving" unto the unknown. It has been a trip. Moving, raising two babies, remodeling (which I am convinced if you can survive that, your marriage is made in heaven), vacationing, making grown up decisions, and planning for our lives 50 years from now.

I can think of no one I would rather be making life plans with. No one that understands me better. No better father or companion. No one that is more important to my happiness and stability. And, even though I might be the whiner in the relationship, I feel that what we have is truly "delightful and enduring". Nothing compares to you! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

0 comments: