Prior to babies and blogs, Mark and I took a trip in 2008 to Hawaii to see U2. We flew into Hawaii on D-Day and while we were there had the opportunity to tour Pearl Harbor while the vets were there. What an amazing and humbling experience. These two men were nice enough to let me take a picture- the sweet man in red was MORE than willing and wanted me to consider leaving with him instead of Mark. The one in blue, as you can see, not so fond of being in the picture but did it anyway. It is 70 years tomorrow since Pearl Harbor. As the years go by I am sure less and less of the men that lived through and fought will be around to talk about what happened and how they felt. What an amazing honor that truly made me thankful for where I live.
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment