Saturday, July 9, 2011

This has got to be the Good Life

Having two kids is significantly more difficult that I had previously imagined. I didn't expect it to be all together "easy" but this week was a trial by fire for sure. This whole week was me planning how I was going to make it out of the house by 8:15 AM on Friday for Kingston's appointment? It was accomplished- barely. We woke up that morning to Mckinley's usual routine of not wanting to get dressed, Cory had found and demolished a used pad from the garbage, I packed the diaper bag the night before and forgot wipes and we couldn't find the Sleeping Beauty doll that has to be in Mc's purse for her to leave the house. I had mascara on, a bra and my hair was combed so I chalk that one up to success.

Kingston almost weighs 9 lbs. and was in the 73%ile for height. It is already apparent that he has a little different temperament than his sister. We don't have to use the wipe warmer to get through a bum change, he loves his bath but on the downside, where Mc liked to roll solo for tummy time or to sit in her bouncer, he LOVES to be held. He likes his car seat as long as it's moving and has the sweetest smile.


Mckinley is still NOT adjusting. The saddest part is that anyone that comes to visit and spends even a moment focusing on her, is automatically someone who should be taking her home- away from this awful place! She hit the baby this week, broke all the eggs while relocating them in the fridge and peed on her bedroom floor. She has had fleeting moments where she will ask to give the baby a kiss or to help feed him but she loses interest quickly. She still has her shining moments where she wants to snuggle, says, "I wuv you" and is tantrum free and these are the moments that make it almost possible to make it through the week without losing it :)



Out of sheer independence- this is how her flip flops usually end up on her feet.


And the Mr. I love that Kingston's arms are crossed in the picture. My two boys.

5 comments:

Ben and Brittany said...

Kingston is so cute! Glad to see you made it through the week.

I think the being held is a second child thing because Kenzie loves being held. Sometimes the only way she will sleep is if she is being held.

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

So weird to think Cole used to be that size; not that he was that size for long, mind you, but he was that size! I think our kids have twin personalities. Kate and Mck are definitely of the same sassy brand; but not our boys, sweet and angelic and have a need to be held. What say ye in regards to dinner this week?

Sarah said...

I love her backwards flops! We just did the whole backwards shorts/shoes thing at the library the other day... Sad thing I didn't even notice 'til we got home... Ah life with a newborn ;)

Natalie said...

It may take Mc a while to adjust. Heaven knows it took Ava FOREVER. Babies are resilient, and Kingston will survive a hit here or there from his big sis. He's so sweet!!!

Lindsay said...

It gets easier. I know that's just about the last thing you want to hear as you're tired and all, but it really does. Your kids are darling! And another thing, just hold that baby. Hold him all you can, because the moment is fleeting!