I didn't want to rush to post something because you could miss Mark's guest post about his recent proposition at the 7-11. If you missed it, worth the read. Anyway...it has almost been three weeks since we took our little getaway. It was awesome! The weather was wonderful, the food divine and the time with just Mark and I was much needed. We filled everyday with plenty to do and as a 9 month pregnant lady, I was grateful to come back to the hotel to get a nap. We did get to stay in a hotel with a celebrity- Brian Setzer (from the one and only Brian Setzer Orchestra). He may be "B" list but, we rode in the elevator with him and exchanged niceties. We also had our usual luck of being sandwiched in between TWO bachelorette parties on Friday night- we are ALWAYS those people.

Mark and I quite enjoy asking the locals about where to eat-they know what is good and cheap. We scored pretty much every night for dinner (had my first sampling of Lobster mashed potatoes).We also found a tasty little breakfast place called Brian's that we hit twice it was so good.
We saw the San Diego Temple (never mind how large I am in the picture) and chatted with the sister missionaries, the aquarium (they had this sweet room that was right off the ocean like they had build around it), two contemporary art museums (both weird and filled with crap that may or may not be construed as art depending on who you ask), La Jolla Cove (watched the lazy sea lions), saw an excellent play called "Mix Tape" (about the 80's in all it's glory), shopped, slept, toured old Town San Diego, the Mormon Battalion museum (another picture where my grandeur in status is hard not to notice) and just relaxed.
It was interesting being pregnant and walking around. I didn't see many other women in my "condition" and it seemed to be a good conversation starter at most places. I was given free candy pretty much everywhere and let me just tell you about how awkward it was walking around the Gas Lamp Quarter on Cinco De Mayo- my guess, lots of people assumed I was drinking for two.
We were happy to come home. We missed Mc a lot. I think she enjoyed spending time @ Mimi and Grandma Mary Ann's (thanks a million) but she was ready to go home when we got there. She talked non-stop in the car on the way home, telling us about her adventures and fun times while we were gone.
35 weeks pregnant! Can you believe that?!?! I started my two week appointments this week and will have my first exam next week. We did the hospital tour this week too. I can already tell it is going to be a WAY different experience delivering a baby in Utah. We are excited for him to come but still have SO much to do. I am just getting anxious to see his little face and can't wait to snuggle him.




4 comments:
You don't look huge at all; you look adorable and fabulous! I'm glad you guys got a nice getaway before baby #2 makes his appearance. The more kids you have, it seems the fewer getaways you have. I can't wait to see the little guy!!
Hey lady not this week but next Dave will be working from home. If you'd like I could take a day and help you get you stuff organized or help clean or if it would be more helpful I can come get Miss MC for a day. Let me know.
Glad your sandy eggo was fanta stick. Cole can't wait for his bro from heaven to make an appearance, and neither can we. Still anxious to hear about, what was it, the pee tube masterpiece? By the way, the word verification word is jigness (I think we should make the word ours).
Can't believe you're getting so close! And what a fun couples vaca... I could use one of those.
Post a Comment