Some highlights from 6th grade-
*notice our teacher, Mrs. Hayes, is not in the picture. She was a rather portly woman and I still remember on the first day of school, that she told us she had a chemical imbalance that made her fat- not the smartest idea with a bunch of insensitive 6th graders.
* The summer before 6th grade I went to the school almost everyday to see if they had posted the teachers for the upcoming year. When I found out I had Mrs. Hayes, I cried and pleaded with my mom to move me to Mr. Banker's class (the cute, young teacher who played Garth Brooks songs on the guitar). To no avail, I suffered through that year with Mrs. Hayes.
* Take note of the skinny kid, front row, blue striped shirt. That my friends, is Ben Brawer. I got a white slip (disciplinary action) for hitting him with a snowball. About a decade ago, I saw him at a gas station. He ran up and gave me a hug out of the blue. Random, and he remembered my name. A snowball in the face will do that to you.
It was an interesting year. I learned to really like Mrs. Hayes, was the Math Olympiad of my elementary (that is before I discovered Algebra. It ruined me) and ultimately, kissed my adolescence good bye. I would like to tell you the "top of the head" pony tail would not be making an appearance in 7th grade, but that would be a lie.
4 comments:
Hahaha! This was hilarious!
P.S. My word verification was pencel... weird for a school post eh?
You are a brave woman. Let's just say my 6th grade pictures will not see the light of day any time soon. Thanks again for yesterday, you saved my hide.
I agree with Amy. I'm not pulling out my 6th grade pics any time soon. Yours is adorable though!
Is it just me or are you the least tragic figure in this picture? Very fun! (Not 6th grade, but the post).
Post a Comment