I was obsessed with the architecture and how quaint all of the buildings were. Planter boxes on almost every window, bright paint and shuttered windows. The Tremont Temple which had amazing brickwork. There were little streets that had rows and rows of Victorian Homes- most of which are historically protected and have remained true to the period even down to the metal knockers on the door.



Of course there was Cheers- burgers and fries weren't really on the menu any night so we never ate there but, still cool to walk by every morning on the way to breakfast.
Thursday we hit the New England Aquarium. For you Utahns, this is no Utah Aquarium. This was a three story indoor Oceanic Wonderland.
This was the tank that ran right through the center of the entire building. The shape of the turtle (to the left) that doesn't look very impressive- in real life, this is Myrtle an 80 year old turtle that has lived at the Aquarium for FORTY years and weighs 560 lbs. She was amazing. 
On our travels, there was this little building, coincidentally named "The Littlest Bar". I want to live in a building like this. There were little metal stars all over, the fire escape, again, said planter boxes. So cute.
Friday, Jim and I ventured to the Museum of Natural Science while Mark and Deb conferenced it up all day. We walked ALL the way which made for interesting adventures. We met up with a dude from Holland who was in the US for the first time and also on his way to the Museum. On the way back from the Museum, a couple dudes wheeling a dead body out of the hospital. Wish my camera was at the ready but that was one of the highlights of the day.


Mine and Jim's thermal body scan. Very "Predator"esque.
They had birds, seashells, animals, books, "how it works"- we spent three hours at this place. Well worth the money for all that we got to see.
Mark and I on an ass. The guy taking the picture thought he was hilarious with all of his "ass" jokes.
Boston Harbor- we took a little cruise out during a beautiful day. The ocean smelled great and it was just nice to look back and see the city we were staying in. Made me really wish I knew how to sail.
Fenway--not really a "mecca" for any of us but still cool to be there while a game was going on and see all the hustle and bustle and $40 parking.
That is the last of the posts about Boston. We really had an excellent time and I am really excited to go back someday.
2 comments:
Such the cool trip. Supremely jealous! Just changed shitty panties. What are you up to?
Sooooooooo fun! Still jealous. And I'm laughing at Aish's "shitty panty" comment. Ok. I really am going to call you so we can go out. Summer's wasting away!
Post a Comment