Sunday, February 15, 2009

All tuckered out....


The life of a baby is such that a hard day of playing results in this....sprawled out on the Baby Einstein mat too tired to go on.
We just recently switched Mckinley to Soy formula to see if it would be any easier on her stomach. She has really been spitting up a lot and we wanted to see if that would make her any less grouchy. We left her with a babysitter on Valentine's Day and actually had to go home, get her and bring her to the party because she cried for 45 minutes straight and our poor neighbor girl thought she was dying. I would like to think that Mckinley just missed us desperately and that is why but alas, I think it was gas. So, day two of the soy formula and we didn't even make it through church before the crying started. She has been such an angel for 4 months (in no way is she a devil child now) We just wish we could figure out what is making her so unhappy. Any suggestions?

12 comments:

Amy said...

We were doing the simulac soy but our pediatrition recommended parents choice (the walmart brand) he said they all have to pass the same standards and a twenty five ounce can is only fourteen bucks. Have you tried mylicon gasdrops? they help but only for a short while.

The Youngs said...

After talking with my mom, she said I had to be on the predigested stuff. Apparently I was special all around.

Paul or Lindsay said...

Lucy is a huge spitter too. If your pediatrician is okay with it, you could try starting her on rice cereal. Sometimes it helps. I thought that Sabrina was just gassy too, but then I read a book called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". It's a little nutty, but it says that babies this age shouldn't go more than two hours without sleeping. After I started putting Sabrina down after she had been up for two hours, she was like a new baby. Sometimes they get so tired that they literally can't do anything but cry. That's all I have. I'm also with Amy on the store brand formula...saves us a bundle!

Cossebooms said...

Poor little girl. That's not fun to be gassy. And it's so hard when they are small and can't tell you what's wrong. You just have to guess until you figure it out. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Let's put it nicely...Kate was extremely difficult due to her upset belly. We tried soy and a million other formulas. When it came down to it, the only stuff that worked (and we tried everything) was the expensive "Similac Sensitive." It's in an orange can and costs about double the price of the Huge Costco stuff. But so worth every dime!

The Mastriana's said...

Her teeth hurt?Put an Ice cube in a wash cloth with a rubberband tied around the cube,Let her hold on to it -on the dry part and she will chew and suck on it :)

Marianne said...

Acid reflux??? I dunno, both my kids had it and it is pretty common. They also were on soy milk. Spitting up is a sign and if they sleep better in a car seat or swing than laying flat on their back.

Wendy said...

I feel so bad for her! But remember you were the child from the exorcist! We had you on soy forever. But nothing really worked, sleep and and maybe some rice cereal would be a good idea. Also, try burping her more often between ounces. They really can't burp well for themselves until they can sit up on their own. Love ya...b out to c u soon!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

$50 a mistake? I don't think so...that's just one of the perks of having us as friends (or one of the perks of purchasing gift cards through a computer). They must have known how much we value the Williamsons.

Natalie said...

Ava had a little bit of acid reflux, and after our doctor suggested putting her on a small dose of Zantac, she was a new baby. But, she was also only a month old when her crying fits began. I'd try seeing if she'll sleep first and maybe burping her more often, along with rice cereal. After that, I'd ask the doc about acid reflux and Zantac. (Zantac isn't nearly as strong as the stuff they give kids with super acid reflux. It just takes the edge off a bit. You might also ask about Reglan, which they gave Ava as well. It just helps move the formula through their systems quicker).

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

I have quite the stories when it comes to a fussy baby spitting up like crazy.....but don't know if Mckinley is suffering from the same thing Alivia did. hmmmmm i got nothin'. you can call me anytime you know.....

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

p.s. everyone has advice to give when it comes to a fussy baby.....remember that YOU are the mom and she is YOUR baby girl and you are entitled to inspiration to know what she needs. trust your gut. I'm serious. EVERY kid is different and what works for one won't work for another...even when it comes to siblings. when alivia was screaming all the time and everyone kept saying it was just colic i still knew there was more going on.....eventually we got her on the lovely neocate....
just don't get discouraged ever thinking your not doing things right with her cuz your the best mom for her that's why she's yours!!!!!